Sunday, December 05, 2004

My Writing

My writing?

Well, I've done nanowrimo for the past two years, and finished the past two years. I'm actually quite surprised I finished both years.

Last year I was quite prepared, I had my characters outlined, a timeline set up, the story in my head, but I'd never written more than 100 pages of anything before letting it fade into obliteration.

This year I was so not ready for November. I was still adjusting to life with a teenager and had not done anything to get ready for nano. I decided to write the sequal to last years nano, even though the first book isn't finished.

Well, I finished this year too.

Book #1 - Hawthorne
Last year my book was about Lucy and Devin. They are both seniors in a private high school in Maine, and both are HIV positive. The first time they meet is very rocky, but they become fast friends. Then things go crazy. Devin finds out who his benefoactor truly is and Lucy gets sick. What happens to their friendship? Have to wait and see.

Book #2 - Keys To Hell
The sequal deals again with Lucy and Devin, but also with a few "adults" who become close friends of theirs. One is a teacher and the student advisor for the dorm floor they both live on. Then there is Jordan who is a local PI. The third is Evie who Lucy has known all her life, but now sees her in a totally different light. Their adventures may take them half way across the county, or to the depths of hell.

Well, I should be working on my books.
So, TTFN,
Ken

No comments: