Thursday, July 21, 2005

Post War Fallout

Well, the War is over. All worked out well.

The bounty on Matt's head turned out to be nothing but a bottle of (bad) wine on his head for the first person to "kill" him on the battlefield. No one collected, so he got the bottle of wine. But it was quite a mess getting to that point. At first it was a real threat - then nothing big - then a real threat again - then the truth came out and he got the bottle of wine.

It was poeple we know and care about who put out the bounty - people I actually trust with my life. So all is well.

Most people at War were great - a few were assholes. Cece was a total bitch to Matt and won't like to hear what I have to say when I see her next.

When Matt and Jon got there to set up (Ellie and I stayed home to finish sewing and packing) there were problems. The place we usually set up was empty and the people we camp with were else where (the people who put out the bounty). They had to casmp by the royals to cook for them. But there wasn't space for us. Though there was space for others who showed up after us. I was pissed. So we set up where we normally do - got one of the best spots in the campground (shade in the hot afternoons). We decided we should name our encampment "The Ghetto". Turns out the reason we couldn't be over with the others is that someone who belongs with the royals has a daughter who was scared by Matt when she was a child (he's a big, loud, hairy man) and didn't want him near her. She 18 now! Hello, get over it! You were 8 when he scared you!

Anyway, we set up, had a great time, met new people (Vance, Merrik and Gwen, also the Canadians from Wisconsin {I still don't know the story behind that one}) who camped next to us, and partied hard.

I got to see The Bob (who got an important award) and met his good friend Batty. Seth showed up early and is officially part of "The Ghetto". Seth is still here - he came home with us. He and Matt are making sure his truck doesn't self destruct while he's on the road going to SCA events. He's going to show me some jewelry making stuff tonight - I love to learn new techniques. I also got my amber pendant he's been holding for the past year for me.

One of the best parts of War is that Matt's ex didn't show up. I'm so happy I'm almost wanting to go to her blog and thank her for not showing - but I know that could cause problems, so I'm trying to hold back.

One of the worst parts is that Ellie got a horrible sunburn. Her forehead and lower arms were swolen. I think she had a case of sun poisoning. I had very mild sun poisoning on the tops of my feet myslf from the trip. I've had sun poisoning before - so I know how it looks and feels.

I got a great tan from being out there in the sun all weekend (almost a week). My mohawk looks so much better now that I'm not ghostly. That and my blue eyes pop more with the tan. My upper body is quite tan, but my legs are not so much. Need to work on them.

Now, for the funniest part of the trip. Da left us a watermellon when he left on Sunday. I got bored and drew a face on it. On the top I wrote "Rodrigo, Ghetto Prince". Well, on Monday, after everything was packed - absolutely EVERYTHING was off the ground - the stuff that would be sitting in passengers laps were piled on the hoods of the cars - everything was done. We pulled out Rodrigo, The Ghetto Prince and put him in the middle of us circled. I took Seth's claymore, Matt made a speech about Rodrigo, we cheered him - then I beheaded him! One slice down the center, then we turned him a 1/4 turn and nailed him again. Jon then turned him over and we nailed him twice more. We each took a huge chunk of watermellon and dove in. I shoved my face into it and ate like a heathen. When I couldn't get any deeper I pulled chunks out with my fist. We were all acting like heathens - then someone yelled "watermellon fight!" It was all over - the five of us pulling out handfulls of watermellon and throwing them at each other. I was wearing a bra and a bikini bottom - I had watermellon everywhere. Jon decided watermellon rinds made good hats - so he put one on my head and ground it down, Matt put watermellon down my bikini bottom. Finally when we were done we threw the rinds in the woods for the critters and trooped off to the pool laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. Luckily we were the only Scadians (SCA members) there (other than people way on the other side who couldn't see us). Though there were some seasonals who prolly saw us with the watermellon - but there was no one in the pool. There was an employee who was just finishing cleaning it though. Ellie was in jeans and a t-shirt - she stripped and jumped in naked. We were laughing sooooo hard. The pool was too cold for me and would have given me abdominal spasms - so I went to the shower. There were seeds in my bra, watermellon in my bikini bottom (thought I'd gotten it all out). I took the barettes out of my hair - there were chunks and seeds. when I thought I was done I found a huge chunk behind my left ear.

The watermellon fight was so much fun that we decided we had started a new tradition and are going to name a new "Ghetto Prince" to exicute and cannibalize each year. I need to email the others and tell them what they missed.

When we got home all the critters missed us. All the baby rats had grown a lot The boys are almost as big as mom, and it's harder to tell mom from the girls just glancing in the tank) and the cats have been all over us. Kapok has been screaming his head off and Spike has been bugging Matt whenever he goes on his computer and has been bugging me all night. He can't seem to get enough of us.

Other than that all seems to be well. Saturday I turn 32, and this is not a big year for me. For some reason the number 32 doesn't bother me at all. Then Mom comes up to Maine the following Friday with her new beau. I can't wait to meet the man who's stolen my mother's heart. As far as I've heard he's been very good to her, but I need to see this for myself. He better be good to her or he will have to deal with me. I have my Westbrook Doc appointment that day, so Ellie, Jon, Matt and I will prolly meet up with Mom and Russ after that in Portland. Should be interesting.

Guess that's all for now, othe rthan the hopes that it gets a little cooler here. Not much, jsut ten degrees cooler would be nice.

Later days,
Ken

No comments: