Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life in the big city...

If you know Maine at all, you understand how funny that title is. Lewiston is NOT a big city by any stretch of the imagination. I lived in Boston and have been to Mexico city (at the time had 19 million people), so I know about big cities - Maine doesn't have any.

I'm not complaining about Maine not having big cities. I'm happy here. Well, I am now that it's stopped snowing and I can dress much less like an Eskimo. I don't deal well with the cold. I know how to dress in layers and do so in the cold, but I have a severe dislike for it. This is lovely weather right now. I went out in jeans and a corset top with a light jersey zip up over it and was comfortable. I'm loving it.

I'm also loving that my almost stalker has seemed to have gotten the hint and is leaving me alone. I'm just wondering - Does anyone out there think it's at all normal for a person to call someone over and over again. I don't mean a couple times a day. I mean calling someone ten to twenty times over and over again with out a break - One call immediately after the other. Does this sound sane to anyone? I understand calling a child like this who might be home alone who's not answering the phone. But I mean calling someone who's supposed to be a friend. I was getting scared. I didn't want to answer the phone, even if I'd been able to. Most of the time I was out of range to even get the calls on my cell. I'd check when I got in range and there'd be 20+ missed calls and when I'd look at the log they'd be one minute apart. I was scared! Never mind some of the abusive, crying, begging and then abusive again voice mails (all on one voice mail in a two minute interval!). I don't like going out to specifically be a bitch, but I felt I had to after three months of this. When I finally got back online I wrote a not too nice email to this person. I felt like a heel doing it. In fact, I wrote it and sat on it a few days before sending it to make sure I felt like I needed too so it. The phone kept ringing, so I sent it. The phone calls slowed down, but the emails got crazy. I was getting as many phone calls as I had been getting emails, and they were even more crazy than the voice mails. I finally sent another somewhat nasty email and it slowed down. After spelling it out about five more times he got the point. Or so I thought. Then I find an email on a different email address of mine. I went balistic and sent another email saying how annoyed I was and asking how deranged he was. I asked specifically about the phone calls - He said he thought he'd answer and then he lost control when I didn't. I'm totally freaked out by the whole thing - I hope it's over.

What else? Melon has gone back to live with his siblings. He wasn't happy here and the other cats were really beating on him. Since he went back this morning the other cats have totally mellowed out - But I miss him terribly.

Kapok is flopped out on my bed as if nothing is wrong with the world. Then again he's also stoned out on nip and has been most of the day. He loves his nip. I called his name earlier. He was out cold. He opened an eye and saw I had the nip bag in my hand. He immediately bounced up and followed me to his little rug for me to put some down for him - screaming the whole time. He's such a druggie! But at his age, if it makes him happy, I'll give it to him. I couldn't as much when Melon was here because Melon would pee in even more bad place when he was on it. He needs to be fixed.

Guess that's all for now. Nothing much really going - Just thought I'd write a tiny bit to let the world and all of my zero readers know I'm not dead.

Later days,
Ken

No comments: